In the end of November I read a post on seroundtable regarding short Content can also Rank Well in serp. John muller a google representative states that :
- Googlebot doesn’t just count words on a page or in an article, even short articles can be very useful & compelling to users.
- For example, we also crawl and index tweets, which are at most 140 characters long. if you have users who love your site and engage with it regularly, allowing them to share comments on your articles is also a great way to bring additional information onto the page.
But how ?
“In my views short article, post, paragraph, video, audio can rank well if they generate from a very high authority site and we have lots of examples to prove that like : “
1. Video sites - (Yahoo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Vimeo) - All are very popular sites related to videos in which just a short content is written by almost every up loader And most of the time when I search content I found 2-3 youtube videos on most searches in top 10 results.
2. Question- answers related websites like Yahoo answers – You have also encounter that many yahoo answers related url on various search terms.
3. Local search results – Google prefer local search results over globally so suppose if your business is city based like London or New delhi then you will be preferred over other searches.
4. Queries which have very less competition - If no one is covering news like local news or some boring niches then good chances your content even on new domain can rank well !
5. Social media sites – You have definitely heard of digg, reditt, bizsugar so these sites can even beat the content written on originator sites on search ranking just because of their higher authority in search engines !
One and Last recommenadtion
Google representative John Mueller Wrote –
“one recommendation that I’d like to add is to make sure that your content is really unique (not just rewritten, autogenerated, etc) and of high-quality.”
Can you think any other niche or any other recommendation ?