I am a adsense publisher from last 3-4 years and never ever has faced a situation like this of click bombing (invalid clicks done by some humans or bots).
In the last 7-10 days, I observe a sudden increase in clicks on my adsense ads so first i think that someone is knowingly clicking the ads but when I search on google adsense help forum I found that this is the common problem bloggers facing.
Link to forum thread
I can feel the pain to loosing adsense account and many bloggers loose their adsense account due to this invalid click activity.
Now What we can do to solve this issue ?
- We can temporarily remove the ads and wait for the problem to be solved and then again put the ads .
- A forum member abhijeet1983 recommended that a solution based on his own experience he suggest that you should put your ads inside the posts and avoid ads on sidebar widgets, header, footer etc. (I personally tried this and getting good results as you can check it on arunii that no ads on sidebar widgets…)
- Two Plugins which you can try - Who see ads and Cbprotect - Personally I have not implemented these above mentioned plugins on my blog so you have any experience of using these plugins please write in comments.
- How to display ads only to search engine visitors - http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-display-ads-only-to-search-engine-visitors-in-wordpress/
- I personally reported to google through their contact form about this invalid clicks
When i search the image to post on this blog I also found some related posts and invalid activity observing by other bloggers.
Are you also facing the same problem and what you are doing to solve this issue ?
Write in comments ! and share it with your friends and help them in a small way !